Outside the wall of the old city of Jerusalem in 29AD our world was forever changed. A Roman soldier took an amber colored olive tree stake and nailed the hands and feet of what he thought was a criminal. Little did that soldier know he was piercing the flesh of God Himself. Jesus Christ of Nazareth was the God of eternity come to live in a human body. That hot April day in Palestine the great God of eternity shed His own blood for our redemption. Further More Shane & Dana West have believed and stand for the following.
- We believe in the Father who is God Himself, Creator of the universe. Gen 1:1 & John 1:1
- We believe that Jesus is the Flesh of God. Col 2:9
- We believe that Jesus suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation. Luke 3:21-22 & Philippians 2:5-11
- We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. John 3:36 , John 3:31-32 , John 14:6
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who is God indwelling, empowering and regenerating the believer. This Holy Spirit is called the Comforter. The Spirit of Truth. John 14:17 & John 14:26
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity.It is through His shed blood that we are saved, healed and set free from bondage and the forces of darkness.
- Romans 5:9-11 , Ephesians 1:7 , Revelation 12:11
- We believe that every believer must have a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Each person has a ministry from God that no one else can fill. We are to instruct, teach, exhort, and admonish believers in the ways of God. John 15:1-5 & Hebrews 13:5-6
- We believe that the Bible is the true infallible Word of God, which cleanses our souls. It holds the words of eternal life and the keys of the Kingdom of God. The Bible shows us God’s principles and standards for living, and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances. John 1:14, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 John 2:5-6
- We believe that we are to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God. Titus 3:5 & Ephesians 5:26
- We must learn His ways and exchange our way of thinking for His. We are to be conformed to the Kingdom of God by the molding and shaping of His Hands Romans 12:1-2, Ephesians 4:23-29, Philippians 4:8
- We believe in justification by faith. We believe that salvation is free and apart from any work of man is a result of the sovereign grace of God. Eph 2:8-9, Gal 5:5, Rom 5:1
- We believe in worshipping the Lord in spirit, song, dance and with the raising of our hands. We believe that we are to praise and worship Him with our whole being. Psalm 150:1-6,& John 4:24
- We believe that in Godly living and the pursuit of a holy life should be the goal of every believer. Heb 12:14 & Phil 3:14
- We believe that believers should be water baptized by immersion to identify with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is through baptism that we publicly identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Romans 6:3-6 , Colossians 2:11-14 , Acts 2:38 , John 3:1-5
- We believe that all Christians need to partake of the communion elements which represent the Lord Jesus’ body and blood. It is by participating in the Lord’s Supper that we proclaim His death until His return.
John 6:53-58, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in other tongues. We believe that Christians must be filled daily by using the prayer language, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling presence is a changed life. Acts 2:4, Ephesians 5:18-21
- We believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. He ministers to His people through tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy; words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, healing, helps and government.” Mark 16:15-18 , Acts 5:16 , 2 Corinthians 12:1-11
- We believe that it is God’s will to heal and deliver His people today as He did in the days of the first Apostles. It is by the stripes of Jesus that we are healed, delivered and made whole. We have authority over sickness, disease, demons, curses, and every circumstance in life. Luke 10:19 , 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 , 1 Peter 2:24
In Essential Beliefs – We Have Unity.
“There is one Body and one Spirit…there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father for us all…” Ephesians. 4:4-6
In Non-Essential Beliefs – We Have Liberty.
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters…Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master, he stands or falls…So then each of us will give an account of himself to God…So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1,4,12,22
In All Our Beliefs – We Show Charity.
“…If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains – but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” 1 Corinthians 13:2